Friday, February 20, 2009

Another message from the Torvis

Hello Kong Chuan,
Yes we are at home and yes we received the CD's that you sent. Pleaseaccept my apologies for not emailing you sooner. I thought I had emailed you but obviously I was confused.We arrived home on January 31st and it was about a week before we felt really adjusted to this time zone. The CD's arrived soon after we did,so I was able to take Mary's to her in Toronto along with other gifts for her.My mother and other members of my family live in Toronto, but we had never met Mary face to face although I had spoken with her on the phone and by email. Mary left Labuan just before Gerry and I arrived there. While I was visiting Toronto, from Feb 8 to 11, Mary came to my mother's home. We had a lovely visit and looked at the pictures along with some other pictures that we took during the trip. My family -two brothers, two sisters-in-law, my older daughter- also enjoyed meeting Mary; so we can also thank our Labuan students for giving us the opportunity to get to know her. It is interesting, isn't it, that although Mary and I come from the same city in Canada, it was our experience in Labuan that brought us together.I am now back at home (Pembroke is about 300 kilometres from Toronto), looking out my window at fresh snow which came down last night. It looks beautiful- quite a contrast to the warm, bright sights of Sabah. Thanks for helping us to keep our memories alive with the pictures you sent.
Warm regards,
Lee and Gerry Torvi
19 Feb 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment